NORWALK, Conn. – An undisclosed number of eyeglasses and other merchandise was reported stolen from Vision World at 650 Main Ave., police said.
The circumstances surrounding the theft are being investigated by police because not only was virtually all of the store’s inventory cleared out of the display cases, the locks to the doors were changed.
Police did not disclose whether the store owners and the building owners are in the midst of a dispute. The value of the missing glasses was not disclosed, nor was the exact point of entry.
The theft was reported Monday just before noon, but police said they are also investigating a separate “suspicious incident” at the store on Saturday afternoon, involving a man who entered the store and went around behind the counter before leaving.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Cars
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Norwalk
- 5 Man Gets 14 Years In Prison For Fairfield Jewelry Store Robbery, Kidnapping