NORWALK, Conn. – An undisclosed number of eyeglasses and other merchandise was reported stolen from Vision World at 650 Main Ave., police said.
The circumstances surrounding the theft are being investigated by police because not only was virtually all of the store’s inventory cleared out of the display cases, the locks to the doors were changed.
Police did not disclose whether the store owners and the building owners are in the midst of a dispute. The value of the missing glasses was not disclosed, nor was the exact point of entry.
The theft was reported Monday just before noon, but police said they are also investigating a separate “suspicious incident” at the store on Saturday afternoon, involving a man who entered the store and went around behind the counter before leaving.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured