NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man was charged with assaulting and biting an emergency room doctor at Norwalk Hospital on Sunday night, according to police reports.
Wayne Barker, 41, of Christy Street was taken to the hospital Sunday night due to a high level of intoxication, police said. While receiving treatment, Barker bit a doctor on the arm and headbutted the doctor, according to the police report.
Officers in the hospital for an unrelated case heard the commotion and arrived to find both men bleeding from the head, police said. The doctor’s head wound required surgical sutures, and the skin on his arm was broken from the bite, according to the police report.
Barker was sedated, police said. When he was released from the hospital Monday morning, Baker was taken into police custody, police said. He was charged with assault on a medical professional, breach of the peace and second-degree threatening. He was released after posting $10,000 bond and is due in court on Feb. 27.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk