NORWALK, Conn. -- A service dog named Arasz retired on Wednesday, Jan. 1, after six years of serving the force, Norwalk Police announced.
Arasz had been partnered with Sgt Sofia Gulino since February 2008. The team was certified for Explosive Detection and Utility (Criminal Apprehension and Tracking) on both a state and national level.
Arasz is 9 years old and was forced out of service due to health concerns. He will remain with Gulino now that his police service is done.
- 1 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job