NORWALK, Conn. -- A service dog named Arasz retired on Wednesday, Jan. 1, after six years of serving the force, Norwalk Police announced.
Arasz had been partnered with Sgt Sofia Gulino since February 2008. The team was certified for Explosive Detection and Utility (Criminal Apprehension and Tracking) on both a state and national level.
Arasz is 9 years old and was forced out of service due to health concerns. He will remain with Gulino now that his police service is done.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say