NORWALK, Conn. -- A service dog named Arasz retired on Wednesday, Jan. 1, after six years of serving the force, Norwalk Police announced.
Arasz had been partnered with Sgt Sofia Gulino since February 2008. The team was certified for Explosive Detection and Utility (Criminal Apprehension and Tracking) on both a state and national level.
Arasz is 9 years old and was forced out of service due to health concerns. He will remain with Gulino now that his police service is done.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare