NORWALK, Conn. -- A service dog named Arasz retired on Wednesday, Jan. 1, after six years of serving the force, Norwalk Police announced.
Arasz had been partnered with Sgt Sofia Gulino since February 2008. The team was certified for Explosive Detection and Utility (Criminal Apprehension and Tracking) on both a state and national level.
Arasz is 9 years old and was forced out of service due to health concerns. He will remain with Gulino now that his police service is done.
- 1 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 5 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores