NORWALK, Conn. -- A service dog named Arasz retired on Wednesday, Jan. 1, after six years of serving the force, Norwalk Police announced.
Arasz had been partnered with Sgt Sofia Gulino since February 2008. The team was certified for Explosive Detection and Utility (Criminal Apprehension and Tracking) on both a state and national level.
Arasz is 9 years old and was forced out of service due to health concerns. He will remain with Gulino now that his police service is done.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk