NORWALK, Conn. – A 20-year-old Norwalk woman who was a passenger in a car driven westbound on Interstate 84 near Newtown on Saturday afternoon was killed when the vehicle veered off the highway and went down an embankment near exit 9, state police said.
Tracey Pascarelli was pronounced dead at the scene of the 1:14 p.m. accident. The driver, Larissa Peterson, 18, of Danbury, was taken to Danbury Hospital suffering from serious injuries, according to Sgt. Ben Liberatore.
Peterson was driving a Mazda Miata when she veered to the right, struck the wire guard rail and continued down the embankment near Barnabas Road.
No other cars were involved in the accident.
The crash is being investigated by state police, Liberatore said.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk