NORWALK, Conn. – A 20-year-old Norwalk woman who was a passenger in a car driven westbound on Interstate 84 near Newtown on Saturday afternoon was killed when the vehicle veered off the highway and went down an embankment near exit 9, state police said.
Tracey Pascarelli was pronounced dead at the scene of the 1:14 p.m. accident. The driver, Larissa Peterson, 18, of Danbury, was taken to Danbury Hospital suffering from serious injuries, according to Sgt. Ben Liberatore.
Peterson was driving a Mazda Miata when she veered to the right, struck the wire guard rail and continued down the embankment near Barnabas Road.
No other cars were involved in the accident.
The crash is being investigated by state police, Liberatore said.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer