NORWALK, Conn. – A 20-year-old Norwalk woman who was a passenger in a car driven westbound on Interstate 84 near Newtown on Saturday afternoon was killed when the vehicle veered off the highway and went down an embankment near exit 9, state police said.
Tracey Pascarelli was pronounced dead at the scene of the 1:14 p.m. accident. The driver, Larissa Peterson, 18, of Danbury, was taken to Danbury Hospital suffering from serious injuries, according to Sgt. Ben Liberatore.
Peterson was driving a Mazda Miata when she veered to the right, struck the wire guard rail and continued down the embankment near Barnabas Road.
No other cars were involved in the accident.
The crash is being investigated by state police, Liberatore said.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Norwalk Could See 4 To 8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm
- 5 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News