NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk woman has been arrested on charges of threatening a 13-year-old girl after a basketball game at school earlier this year as part of an ongoing family feud, according to police reports.
The victim’s mother reported that Shanise Jones, 30, of Ely Avenue confronted the teenager after a basketball game at West Rocks Middle School in February, police said. The two families had been involved in an ongoing dispute, and Jones confronted the girl and began insulting the teen and her mother, who was not present, according to the police report.
Jones’ comments included physical threats against the teenager, according to reports from the girl and another uninvolved witness, police said. After an investigation, police filed for an arrest warrant for Jones, which was served Monday morning.
Jones was charged with second-degree threatening and a risk of injury to a minor. She was released on a promise to appear in court.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 4 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 5 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital