NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk woman has been arrested on charges of threatening a 13-year-old girl after a basketball game at school earlier this year as part of an ongoing family feud, according to police reports.
The victim’s mother reported that Shanise Jones, 30, of Ely Avenue confronted the teenager after a basketball game at West Rocks Middle School in February, police said. The two families had been involved in an ongoing dispute, and Jones confronted the girl and began insulting the teen and her mother, who was not present, according to the police report.
Jones’ comments included physical threats against the teenager, according to reports from the girl and another uninvolved witness, police said. After an investigation, police filed for an arrest warrant for Jones, which was served Monday morning.
Jones was charged with second-degree threatening and a risk of injury to a minor. She was released on a promise to appear in court.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk