NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk woman has been arrested on charges of threatening a 13-year-old girl after a basketball game at school earlier this year as part of an ongoing family feud, according to police reports.
The victim’s mother reported that Shanise Jones, 30, of Ely Avenue confronted the teenager after a basketball game at West Rocks Middle School in February, police said. The two families had been involved in an ongoing dispute, and Jones confronted the girl and began insulting the teen and her mother, who was not present, according to the police report.
Jones’ comments included physical threats against the teenager, according to reports from the girl and another uninvolved witness, police said. After an investigation, police filed for an arrest warrant for Jones, which was served Monday morning.
Jones was charged with second-degree threatening and a risk of injury to a minor. She was released on a promise to appear in court.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street