NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk woman has been arrested on charges of threatening a 13-year-old girl after a basketball game at school earlier this year as part of an ongoing family feud, according to police reports.
The victim’s mother reported that Shanise Jones, 30, of Ely Avenue confronted the teenager after a basketball game at West Rocks Middle School in February, police said. The two families had been involved in an ongoing dispute, and Jones confronted the girl and began insulting the teen and her mother, who was not present, according to the police report.
Jones’ comments included physical threats against the teenager, according to reports from the girl and another uninvolved witness, police said. After an investigation, police filed for an arrest warrant for Jones, which was served Monday morning.
Jones was charged with second-degree threatening and a risk of injury to a minor. She was released on a promise to appear in court.
- 1 Norwalk Winner Scoops Up $1M Powerball Windfall After Blizzard
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Norwalk
- 5 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide