NORWALK, Conn. -- A 38-year-old Norwalk woman was arrested Friday morning after police said she stabbed her boyfriend with a butcher knife during an argument about a friend flirting with her.
Esther Davenport was charged with second-degree assault. She was held on $10,000 bond and went to court Friday.
Officers responded to Norwalk Hospital shortly after midnight Friday on reports of an assault, police said.
A man in the hospital told officers that his girlfriend, Davenport, had stabbed him with a knife, police said. The two had been drinking and began arguing about a friend hitting on her, according to police reports. Davenport grabbed a butcher knife from the kitchen and slashed at him, police said. Davenport then ran into the bedroom, while the man, realizing he was injured, went to the hospital.
The man had two cuts of 3 to 5 inches long on the back of his head, a 1-inch stab wound on his back and bite marks on his should and hand, police said. Officers went to Davenport's Cider Lane home and took her into custody.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured