NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk woman was charged with assaulting her pregnant neighbor during a fight in a Monterey Place parking lot Monday evening, according to police reports.
Police were called to the scene at about 8:20 p.m. Tuesday. Officers found Catherine Ocasio, 26, of Monterey Place in the parking lot of her housing complex. Ocasio said she had just been attacked by one of her neighbors, but she was unable to provide specifics about her injuries, police say.
Witnesses later told police that Ocasio and another woman, a 39-year-old resident of the same building, has been in a fight earlier that evening, according to police reports. Ocasio shoved the woman, who is pregnant, after a verbal disagreement, according to the witness report.
When a 14-year-old relative of the victim tried to intervene, Ocasio pushed the girl and hit her in the face, police say. She also used an anti-gay slur against another relative of the victim, a 14-year-old boy, according to the police report.
Ocasio was charged with assault on a pregnant woman, risk of injury to a minor, intimidation based on bigotry and breach of the peace. She was released after posting $2,500 bond and is due in court on Aug. 9.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued