NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk woman was arrested on drug charges Tuesday after police said she hit her neighbor.
Leslie Umpierre, 37, was arrested on charges of third-degree assault, possession of hallucinogens, possession of less than a half-ounce of marijuana and second-degree breach of the peace. She was held on a $1,500 bond and will appear in court July 24.
Police received a complaint of a disturbance on Paradiso Street around 5:40 p.m. on Tuesday. They spoke with a resident, who said she was returning home from the corner store when her neighbor, Umpierre, approached her.
The resident told police she did not speak to or provoke Umpierre, but that Umpierre walked up to her and slapped her in the face. She said that Umpierre appeared intoxicated, according to police reports.
Police later located Umpierre sitting in her car in her driveway. While they were taking her into custody, they could see some small baggies sitting on her car's passenger seat, according to police reports. Police said the baggies contained marijuana laced with another substance, possibly PCP or formaldehyde. The ashtray also contained several marijuana roach clips, according to police.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk