NORWALK, Conn. – A 41-year-old Norwalk woman was charged with attacking her husband with a screwdriver during an argument Thursday and nearly injuring their 6-year-old son, police said.
Guerlie Guirand, of Suncrest Road, and her 39-year-old husband were arguing over where to place a television in their home and the disagreement escalated, police said.
The couple’s son witnessed the assault and was struck near one of his eyes by the screwdriver but not injured, Sgt. Lisa Cotto said. The husband suffered minor cuts and scratches but did not require medical treatment, Cotto said.
Guirand was charged with second-degree assault, a felony, and with disorderly conduct and risk of injury or impairing the morals of a child, misdemeanors. She was released after posting a $500 bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court Friday.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport