NORWALK, Conn. – A 41-year-old Norwalk woman was charged with attacking her husband with a screwdriver during an argument Thursday and nearly injuring their 6-year-old son, police said.
Guerlie Guirand, of Suncrest Road, and her 39-year-old husband were arguing over where to place a television in their home and the disagreement escalated, police said.
The couple’s son witnessed the assault and was struck near one of his eyes by the screwdriver but not injured, Sgt. Lisa Cotto said. The husband suffered minor cuts and scratches but did not require medical treatment, Cotto said.
Guirand was charged with second-degree assault, a felony, and with disorderly conduct and risk of injury or impairing the morals of a child, misdemeanors. She was released after posting a $500 bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court Friday.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Cars
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Norwalk
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Fairfield's Max Maisel