NORWALK, Conn. – A 41-year-old Norwalk woman was charged with attacking her husband with a screwdriver during an argument Thursday and nearly injuring their 6-year-old son, police said.
Guerlie Guirand, of Suncrest Road, and her 39-year-old husband were arguing over where to place a television in their home and the disagreement escalated, police said.
The couple’s son witnessed the assault and was struck near one of his eyes by the screwdriver but not injured, Sgt. Lisa Cotto said. The husband suffered minor cuts and scratches but did not require medical treatment, Cotto said.
Guirand was charged with second-degree assault, a felony, and with disorderly conduct and risk of injury or impairing the morals of a child, misdemeanors. She was released after posting a $500 bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court Friday.
- 1 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint