NORWALK, Conn. – A 41-year-old Norwalk woman was charged with attacking her husband with a screwdriver during an argument Thursday and nearly injuring their 6-year-old son, police said.
Guerlie Guirand, of Suncrest Road, and her 39-year-old husband were arguing over where to place a television in their home and the disagreement escalated, police said.
The couple’s son witnessed the assault and was struck near one of his eyes by the screwdriver but not injured, Sgt. Lisa Cotto said. The husband suffered minor cuts and scratches but did not require medical treatment, Cotto said.
Guirand was charged with second-degree assault, a felony, and with disorderly conduct and risk of injury or impairing the morals of a child, misdemeanors. She was released after posting a $500 bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court Friday.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued