NORWALK, Conn. – A 25-year-old Norwalk woman was arrested and charged Thursday in connection with a December assault on South Main Street where, police said, the woman tried to stab another woman following an argument at a bar.
Raneka France, of 9 Louise St., argued with a 31-year-old Norwalk woman at the Moose Lodge on Dec. 8 after the two women bumped into each other. When the victim left the bar and tried to drive away, France pulled out a knife and stabbed at the woman near her chest, but only cut clothing, according to Sgt. Lisa Cotto. France also slashed one of the tires of the victim’s car.
Police issued a warrant for France’s arrest. France said she was attacked by the victim and an unnamed accomplice and denied trying to stab her, Cotto said.
France was charged with criminal attempt to commit first degree assault and criminal mischief. She was held in lieu of a $5,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say