NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested Friday after police said he was found sitting in someone else's car.
Jabari Dear, 19, was charged with criminal attempt at first-degree larceny, sixth-degree larceny and second-degree criminal trespassing. He was held on $5,000 bond and will appear in court Aug. 1.
A man reported that he was at L.A. Fitness on Main Avenue on Friday afternoon when someone stole his pants and car keys out of a locker, police said. When the man went out to his car, he found Dear sitting in the passenger seat, with the glove box and center console both open, according to police reports.
Police were called to the scene. Dear later said that his friend had taken the keys from the locker, and that he wanted Dear to check out his new car, police said. Dear was subsequently placed under arrest.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Death Of Man Who Drowned After Bridgeport Bar Fight Is Ruled A Homicide