NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested Friday after police said he was found sitting in someone else's car.
Jabari Dear, 19, was charged with criminal attempt at first-degree larceny, sixth-degree larceny and second-degree criminal trespassing. He was held on $5,000 bond and will appear in court Aug. 1.
A man reported that he was at L.A. Fitness on Main Avenue on Friday afternoon when someone stole his pants and car keys out of a locker, police said. When the man went out to his car, he found Dear sitting in the passenger seat, with the glove box and center console both open, according to police reports.
Police were called to the scene. Dear later said that his friend had taken the keys from the locker, and that he wanted Dear to check out his new car, police said. Dear was subsequently placed under arrest.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say