NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was charged with stabbing the boyfriend of a relative after an argument Sunday evening, according to police
Marcus Adgerson, 18, was charged with first-degree assault and carrying a dangerous weapon. He was held on $250,000 bond and arraigned in court Monday.
Officers were called to Adgerson's School Street home at 7 p.m. Sunday after receiving reports of a stabbing, police said. When officers arrived, they found the victim on the ground with a 2-inch-wide knife wound in his chest, police said. He was taken to Norwalk Hospital, where his condition was listed as critical Sunday, police said. Police said he was in stable condition as of Monday morning.
Adgerson was inside the home crying when officers went in, police said. He told the officers that the victim had been at the house and intoxicated all day, and had been arguing with Adgerson's relative all day, police said.
Adgerson told offices that the argument escalated and the victim had grabbed him, police said. At that point, Adgerson pushed him away, grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed the victim in the chest, according to police reports. Police said Adgerson was remorseful about the incident, and fully cooperative when he was taken into custody.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 5 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders