NORWALK, Conn. – A 16-year-old Norwalk resident was charged with trying to steal a scooter on Union Avenue on Tuesday afternoon, according to police reports.
A man reported seeing two teenagers attempting to steal his motorized scooter, which had been left chained to a post on Union Avenue. The scooter’s owner chased the two after calling police, and eventually one was stopped by an officer, police say.
On the teen’s path police found a broken lock and a pair of wire cutters, according to the report. The 16-year-old was placed under arrest, and his parents were called. The other suspect was not found, police say.
The juvenile was charged with attempted larceny, conspiracy to commit larceny, criminal mischief and trespassing. He was released to his parents’ custody, and is due in Juvenile Court on Aug. 7.
- 1 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Declares Snow Emergency, Urges Residents To Stay Off Roads