NORWALK, Conn. – A 16-year-old Norwalk resident was charged with trying to steal a scooter on Union Avenue on Tuesday afternoon, according to police reports.
A man reported seeing two teenagers attempting to steal his motorized scooter, which had been left chained to a post on Union Avenue. The scooter’s owner chased the two after calling police, and eventually one was stopped by an officer, police say.
On the teen’s path police found a broken lock and a pair of wire cutters, according to the report. The 16-year-old was placed under arrest, and his parents were called. The other suspect was not found, police say.
The juvenile was charged with attempted larceny, conspiracy to commit larceny, criminal mischief and trespassing. He was released to his parents’ custody, and is due in Juvenile Court on Aug. 7.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Report Says 25 Arrests Were Made At Norwalk Schools In 2013