NORWALK, Conn. – A 16-year-old Norwalk resident was charged with trying to steal a scooter on Union Avenue on Tuesday afternoon, according to police reports.
A man reported seeing two teenagers attempting to steal his motorized scooter, which had been left chained to a post on Union Avenue. The scooter’s owner chased the two after calling police, and eventually one was stopped by an officer, police say.
On the teen’s path police found a broken lock and a pair of wire cutters, according to the report. The 16-year-old was placed under arrest, and his parents were called. The other suspect was not found, police say.
The juvenile was charged with attempted larceny, conspiracy to commit larceny, criminal mischief and trespassing. He was released to his parents’ custody, and is due in Juvenile Court on Aug. 7.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer