NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man awaiting trial on strangulation charges was accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s home while she was inside this weekend, according to police reports.
A Norwalk woman called police to report seeing her ex-boyfriend’s car parked across the street from her home Sunday evening, police said. The woman has an active protective warrant against the suspect relating to earlier arrests, police said.
The caller told police she had seen Emilio Hernandez-Gonzalez, 31, of Neptune Avenue run through her yard and jump over a back fence, according to police reports. Officers found a broken window on the first floor of the house and a cellphone inside that they believe belongs to Hernandez-Gonzalez, police said. His car, which was parked in the driveway of a nearby home, was towed from the scene, police said.
Hernandez-Gonzalez called 911 while police were on their way to his home and reported that he had been stabbed, according to police reports. Officers responded, found that he cuts on his left side and took him to Norwalk Hospital, police said.
While at the hospital, Hernandez-Gonzalez told doctors he had cut himself on a tree while working, police said. Investigators at the break-in scene found blood on the glass of the broken window, police said. Police believe that Hernandez-Gonzalez received the cut on the broken window, according to police reports.
Police arrested Hernandez-Gonzalez two times previously this summer, in July and August. Both cases were led to strangulation charges involving the same victim, according to police reports. His plea in both cases is still pending, according to court records.
On Sunday, police charged Hernandez-Gonzalez with first-degree burglary and a violation of a protective order. He was held on $100,000 bond, and is due in court Tuesday.