NORWALK, Conn. – Kareem Leach, the 26-year-old Norwalk man who was arrested in connection with a January shooting in the Kendall School parking lot during non-school hours, was extradited from Florida on Thursday and transferred to the Norwalk Police Department.
U.S. marshals in Jacksonville, Fla. took Leach into custody on Feb. 1.
Leach was being held on a $1 million bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday. He faces felony charges of first-degree robbery, first-degree assault, unlawful discharge of a firearm and conspiracy.
The shooting took place on Jan. 13 in what police said was an alleged drug deal that turned into a robbery. The victim was shot in the leg and sustained non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home
- 5 Connecticut Puts Nine People Under Quarantine To Monitor For Ebola