NORWALK, Conn. – Kareem Leach, the 26-year-old Norwalk man who was arrested in connection with a January shooting in the Kendall School parking lot during non-school hours, was extradited from Florida on Thursday and transferred to the Norwalk Police Department.
U.S. marshals in Jacksonville, Fla. took Leach into custody on Feb. 1.
Leach was being held on a $1 million bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday. He faces felony charges of first-degree robbery, first-degree assault, unlawful discharge of a firearm and conspiracy.
The shooting took place on Jan. 13 in what police said was an alleged drug deal that turned into a robbery. The victim was shot in the leg and sustained non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 National Weather Service: Norwalk's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 3 Patient At Danbury Hospital Undergoing Testing For Enterovirus
- 4 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers
- 5 Norwalk's Steven Enoch Commits To Play Basketball At UConn