NORWALK, Conn. – Kareem Leach, the 26-year-old Norwalk man who was arrested in connection with a January shooting in the Kendall School parking lot during non-school hours, was extradited from Florida on Thursday and transferred to the Norwalk Police Department.
U.S. marshals in Jacksonville, Fla. took Leach into custody on Feb. 1.
Leach was being held on a $1 million bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday. He faces felony charges of first-degree robbery, first-degree assault, unlawful discharge of a firearm and conspiracy.
The shooting took place on Jan. 13 in what police said was an alleged drug deal that turned into a robbery. The victim was shot in the leg and sustained non-life threatening injuries.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Norwalk Sky
- 5 Norwalk Woman Charged With Selling Heroin