NORWALK, Conn. - A Norwalk man wanted in connection with a shooting in Kendall Elementary School parking lot was arrested in Florida on Friday afternoon.
Kareem Leach, 26, was taken into custody by U.S. marshals in Jacksonville, Fla. He will be extradited to Connecticut, where he will face charges of first-degree robbery, first-degree assault, unlawful discharge of a firearm and conspiracy, police said.
The arrest stems from an incident on Jan. 13 when a man was shot in the parking lot of Kendall in what police described as a "drug deal turned robbery." The victim was shot in the calf and sustained non-life threatening injuries, police said. Leach was identified on Jan. 20 as a suspect in the shooting.
"We are very appreciative of the efforts of the United States Marshals Service who utilized their nationwide resources in assisting us in tracking down this fugitive who had fled from the Connecticut area shortly after the incident," said Norwalk Police Chief Thomas Kulhawik.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters