NORWALK, Conn. - A Norwalk man wanted in connection with a shooting in Kendall Elementary School parking lot was arrested in Florida on Friday afternoon.
Kareem Leach, 26, was taken into custody by U.S. marshals in Jacksonville, Fla. He will be extradited to Connecticut, where he will face charges of first-degree robbery, first-degree assault, unlawful discharge of a firearm and conspiracy, police said.
The arrest stems from an incident on Jan. 13 when a man was shot in the parking lot of Kendall in what police described as a "drug deal turned robbery." The victim was shot in the calf and sustained non-life threatening injuries, police said. Leach was identified on Jan. 20 as a suspect in the shooting.
"We are very appreciative of the efforts of the United States Marshals Service who utilized their nationwide resources in assisting us in tracking down this fugitive who had fled from the Connecticut area shortly after the incident," said Norwalk Police Chief Thomas Kulhawik.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 Norwalk, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night