NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man has been charged in a series of car burglaries that occurred in a section of Norwalk last month, according to police reports.
Residents of New Canaan Avenue and Norvel Road turned over video surveillance footage to investigators after car burglaries outside their homes in mid-December. The two burglaries were a part of a group of 15 that night involving unlocked cars in that neighborhood.
The video footage showed two suspects, police said. Officers were able to identify one of the men as Vincent Fowlkes, 18, of Taylor Avenue, according to police reports. The other suspect has not yet been identified.
Fowlkes has been in police custody since Dec. 15 on unrelated charges, according to court records. He was taken to court Monday morning and served an arrest warrant for two counts of burglary and conspiracy, and one count of criminal trespassing. He is being held on $20,000 bond for the new charges, and was arraigned Monday.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday