NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man has been charged in a series of car burglaries that occurred in a section of Norwalk last month, according to police reports.
Residents of New Canaan Avenue and Norvel Road turned over video surveillance footage to investigators after car burglaries outside their homes in mid-December. The two burglaries were a part of a group of 15 that night involving unlocked cars in that neighborhood.
The video footage showed two suspects, police said. Officers were able to identify one of the men as Vincent Fowlkes, 18, of Taylor Avenue, according to police reports. The other suspect has not yet been identified.
Fowlkes has been in police custody since Dec. 15 on unrelated charges, according to court records. He was taken to court Monday morning and served an arrest warrant for two counts of burglary and conspiracy, and one count of criminal trespassing. He is being held on $20,000 bond for the new charges, and was arraigned Monday.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut