NORWALK, Conn. – A suspect was hit with a stun gun while in the Norwalk Police lockup after being arrested on charges of assaulting a police officer early Sunday, according to police reports.
Officers were called to break up a fight outside the Moose Lodge on South Main Street at about 1:45 a.m. Sunday, police said. Most of the people there dispersed when officers arrived, but Phillip Azor, Jr., 21, of Bridgeport continued to yell obscenities at another patron, police said.
When officers stepped between the two men, Azor picked up a liquor bottle and lunged at a sergeant while continuing to yell obscenities, according to the arrest report. Azor also spit on officers attempting to arrest him, and kicked two officers during a struggle on the ground while he was arrested, according to the police report.
While at Norwalk Police headquarters, Azor continued swearing, and again spat upon officers during the booking process, police said. An officer deployed a Taser on Azor to stop the outburst, according to the police report. He was then taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment.
Azor was charged with three counts of assault on a peace officer, interfering with police and a breach of the peace Sunday. He was held on $125,000 bond, and is due in court on April 4.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 5 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7