NORWALK, Conn. – A suspect was hit with a stun gun while in the Norwalk Police lockup after being arrested on charges of assaulting a police officer early Sunday, according to police reports.
Officers were called to break up a fight outside the Moose Lodge on South Main Street at about 1:45 a.m. Sunday, police said. Most of the people there dispersed when officers arrived, but Phillip Azor, Jr., 21, of Bridgeport continued to yell obscenities at another patron, police said.
When officers stepped between the two men, Azor picked up a liquor bottle and lunged at a sergeant while continuing to yell obscenities, according to the arrest report. Azor also spit on officers attempting to arrest him, and kicked two officers during a struggle on the ground while he was arrested, according to the police report.
While at Norwalk Police headquarters, Azor continued swearing, and again spat upon officers during the booking process, police said. An officer deployed a Taser on Azor to stop the outburst, according to the police report. He was then taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment.
Azor was charged with three counts of assault on a peace officer, interfering with police and a breach of the peace Sunday. He was held on $125,000 bond, and is due in court on April 4.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk