NORWALK, Conn. – A 35-year-old Bridgeport woman was arrested on a charge of prostitution Thursday after a sting operation where a Norwalk police officer solicited her services via the Craigslist website, according to the department.
Police said they received prostitution complaints from residents which prompted the sting, so an officer posed as a prospective customer on Craigslist.
The woman, Lucinda Karma of Soundview Avenue, and the officer exchanged information and agreed to $80 for her to perform a particular sexual act, police said. The officer agreed to meet the woman at the South Norwalk Train Station, and she was apprehended soon after her arrival, police said.
In addition to being charged with prostitution, Karma was also charged with possession of less than 4 ounces of marijuana after police said that officers found it in a small bag in one of her pockets.
She was released on a promise to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on March 14.
- 1 Norwalk Trio Charged With Attempted Thefts At Stop & Shop
- 2 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 3 Norwalk Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 4 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 5 Bridgeport Man Charged In Death Of Infant Son In Norwalk