NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department will step up seat belt enforcement beginning Monday, May 19, as part of the national Click It or Ticket campaign.
Norwalk's enforcement efforts will focus on Route 1, Main Avenue and Route 136.
The increased enforcement will take place as motorists take to the roads for Memorial Day weekend.
According to new data released from the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, fatalities are up nationwide for the first time in five years. In 2012, 10,335 people who were killed in motor vehicle crashes were not wearing seat belts.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Norwalk Man Arrested Twice On Drugs, Threatening Officer
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight