NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department will step up seat belt enforcement beginning Monday, May 19, as part of the national Click It or Ticket campaign.
Norwalk's enforcement efforts will focus on Route 1, Main Avenue and Route 136.
The increased enforcement will take place as motorists take to the roads for Memorial Day weekend.
According to new data released from the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, fatalities are up nationwide for the first time in five years. In 2012, 10,335 people who were killed in motor vehicle crashes were not wearing seat belts.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller