NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department will step up seat belt enforcement beginning Monday, May 19, as part of the national Click It or Ticket campaign.
Norwalk's enforcement efforts will focus on Route 1, Main Avenue and Route 136.
The increased enforcement will take place as motorists take to the roads for Memorial Day weekend.
According to new data released from the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, fatalities are up nationwide for the first time in five years. In 2012, 10,335 people who were killed in motor vehicle crashes were not wearing seat belts.
- 1 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Rain, Snow Threaten Norwalk On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Woman’s Death After Being Struck By Metro-North Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 5 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter