NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department will step up seat belt enforcement beginning Monday, May 19, as part of the national Click It or Ticket campaign.
Norwalk's enforcement efforts will focus on Route 1, Main Avenue and Route 136.
The increased enforcement will take place as motorists take to the roads for Memorial Day weekend.
According to new data released from the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, fatalities are up nationwide for the first time in five years. In 2012, 10,335 people who were killed in motor vehicle crashes were not wearing seat belts.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Mom's New Candle-Making Business Tops Norwalk Week’s News