NORWALK, Conn. - A woman was tied up Saturday night while three men robbed the Norwalk store she was closing, police said.
The Norwalk Police Department arrived at around 7:20 p.m. Saturday at The Orient Courier, 80 Main St., after a woman called to tell them she had been involved in an armed robbery.
According to the police, the victim, a 39-year-old Norwalk resident, was closing the store when three unidentified men dressed in all black came into it. As they entered the store, the report says one locked the door and turned the lights off. Two were carrying guns, described as a long rifle and a handgun, both allegedly were pointed at the victim.
The victim told police she had been tied up, money was taken from the register, but she was unharmed. Police said they found strips of duct tape to corroborate the story.
The amount taken from the store is unknown at this time and detectives are searching for clues in the case.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk