NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department will be conducting a motor vehicle checkpoint Saturday, March 15 assisted by officers from the New Canaan Police Department for St. Patrick's Day weekend.
Officers will be focusing on vehicles driven by people who are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Additional officers will also be on duty Monday, March 17.
The most recent reporting period showed that 67 percent of drunken-driving crashes occur during the weekend days. In Connecticut the percentage of alcohol-related fatalities of 43 percent was higher than the national average of 36 percent.
Norwalk Police officials are reminding residents to drink responsibly this weekend and to designate a driver or call a cab if alcohol is consumed.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 5 Husband Arrested In Slaying Of Norwalk Native Stationed At Fort Bliss