NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department will be conducting a motor vehicle checkpoint Saturday, March 15 assisted by officers from the New Canaan Police Department for St. Patrick's Day weekend.
Officers will be focusing on vehicles driven by people who are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Additional officers will also be on duty Monday, March 17.
The most recent reporting period showed that 67 percent of drunken-driving crashes occur during the weekend days. In Connecticut the percentage of alcohol-related fatalities of 43 percent was higher than the national average of 36 percent.
Norwalk Police officials are reminding residents to drink responsibly this weekend and to designate a driver or call a cab if alcohol is consumed.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Muse Paintbar Adds Unique Alternative To Norwalk Nightlife
- 4 Madelene Lovullo Horgan, 56, Of Norwalk, Senior VP, The Nine West Company
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street