NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk police officer was involved in a two-car accident Wednesday when the cruiser he was driving was struck by a car driven by a 23-year-old New Canaan man, police said.
No injuries were reported in the 7:40 p.m. accident on Main Street near New Canaan Avenue, but the police cruiser sustained front-end and side damage, police said.
According to Sgt. David O’Connor, William Gilroy of Lakeview Avenue was driving north on Main Street when he tried to turn left into 195 Main Street and struck the cruiser driven by Officer Richard Montanez, who was traveling south. Gilroy claimed he did not see Montanez, O’Connor said.
Gilroy was given citations for operating a vehicle without insurance and failure to grant right of way, and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 21.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 3 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 5 It’s Go Time for Snapper Fishing in Norwalk