NORWALK, Conn. – A 45-year-old Norwalk woman who was walking home Thursday on Ely Avenue was the victim of an attempted robbery at knifepoint.
The woman, who had just gone to a nearby convenience store, was walking home at about 7 p.m. when a man approached her, pulled out a knife and demanded money, according to Sgt. Lisa Cotto.
The victim pulled out her wallet and showed the assailant she had no money, and the man ran toward Austin Street.
According to Cotto, the assailant was described as being possibly Hispanic, between 20 and 25 years old, about six feet tall and wearing a black hoodie sweatshirt and cargo pants.
- 1 Norwalk Winner Scoops Up $1M Powerball Windfall After Blizzard
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Norwalk
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation