NORWALK, Conn. – A 26-year-old Norwalk man was arrested on a felony charge of second degree assault early Friday in connection with the beating of his 28-year-old sister, according to police.
Anwar Myers, of Soundview Avenue, was accused of punching his sister in the head several times and striking her in the head with a lamp during an argument in the home they share.
The cause of the 3:30 a.m. argument was not disclosed, but the sister required treatment at Norwalk Hospital for a bump on the head and scratches on her forearms, said Sgt. Lisa Cotto.
Myers appeared intoxicated at the time of his arrest, according to Cotto. He was also charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and was held on a $10,000 bond. He was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk