NORWALK, Conn. – A 26-year-old Norwalk man was arrested on a felony charge of second degree assault early Friday in connection with the beating of his 28-year-old sister, according to police.
Anwar Myers, of Soundview Avenue, was accused of punching his sister in the head several times and striking her in the head with a lamp during an argument in the home they share.
The cause of the 3:30 a.m. argument was not disclosed, but the sister required treatment at Norwalk Hospital for a bump on the head and scratches on her forearms, said Sgt. Lisa Cotto.
Myers appeared intoxicated at the time of his arrest, according to Cotto. He was also charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and was held on a $10,000 bond. He was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 3 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report