NORWALK, Conn. – A 26-year-old Norwalk man was arrested on a felony charge of second degree assault early Friday in connection with the beating of his 28-year-old sister, according to police.
Anwar Myers, of Soundview Avenue, was accused of punching his sister in the head several times and striking her in the head with a lamp during an argument in the home they share.
The cause of the 3:30 a.m. argument was not disclosed, but the sister required treatment at Norwalk Hospital for a bump on the head and scratches on her forearms, said Sgt. Lisa Cotto.
Myers appeared intoxicated at the time of his arrest, according to Cotto. He was also charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and was held on a $10,000 bond. He was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk