NORWALK, Conn. – A 26-year-old Norwalk man was arrested on a felony charge of second degree assault early Friday in connection with the beating of his 28-year-old sister, according to police.
Anwar Myers, of Soundview Avenue, was accused of punching his sister in the head several times and striking her in the head with a lamp during an argument in the home they share.
The cause of the 3:30 a.m. argument was not disclosed, but the sister required treatment at Norwalk Hospital for a bump on the head and scratches on her forearms, said Sgt. Lisa Cotto.
Myers appeared intoxicated at the time of his arrest, according to Cotto. He was also charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and was held on a $10,000 bond. He was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday.
- 1 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 2 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job