NORWALK, Conn. – A 26-year-old Norwalk man was arrested on a felony charge of second degree assault early Friday in connection with the beating of his 28-year-old sister, according to police.
Anwar Myers, of Soundview Avenue, was accused of punching his sister in the head several times and striking her in the head with a lamp during an argument in the home they share.
The cause of the 3:30 a.m. argument was not disclosed, but the sister required treatment at Norwalk Hospital for a bump on the head and scratches on her forearms, said Sgt. Lisa Cotto.
Myers appeared intoxicated at the time of his arrest, according to Cotto. He was also charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and was held on a $10,000 bond. He was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued