NORWALK, Conn. – Norwalk Police made four drunken driving arrests and issued 53 tickets during its enhanced Super Bowl weekend enforcement.
Norwalk police followed the lead of the Connecticut State Police and added extra patrols in the late-night hours for the Super Bowl weekend. Officers have charged four people with driving under the influence since Friday night, but only one of those arrests came after the game Sunday night, police said.
Those arrested included a 45-year-old Main Street man, a 44-year-old Wilton Road man, a 24-year-old Stamford man, and a 57-year-old Cliff Street man, according to police records. None of the drivers was involved in an accident, according to police reports.
Norwalk Police also responded to 27 car accidents over the weekend. There were no fatal crashes in Norwalk from Friday to Sunday, police said.
Norwalk Police made a total of 121 traffic stops over Super Bowl weekend. Officers wrote a total of 53 tickets on traffic violations from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say