NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department led all municipal departments in statewide Holiday drunken-driving enforcement efforts between Tuesday, Dec. 24, and Wednesday, Jan. 1, according to the Connecticut Police Chiefs Association.
Norwalk Police details resulted in 10 DUI arrests and 191 motor vehicle stops over the nine-day period, the association said.
In addition, Norwalk police investigated 86 accidents, one of which was fatal, according the group's statement.
Statewide during that holiday period, four fatal accidents were reported, 121 DUI arrests were made, 1,490 accidents were reported and 6,109 routine stops were made, according to the statement.
- 1 Norwalk Trio Charged With Attempted Thefts At Stop & Shop
- 2 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 3 Norwalk Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 4 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 5 Bridgeport Man Charged In Death Of Infant Son In Norwalk