NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department led all municipal departments in statewide Holiday drunken-driving enforcement efforts between Tuesday, Dec. 24, and Wednesday, Jan. 1, according to the Connecticut Police Chiefs Association.
Norwalk Police details resulted in 10 DUI arrests and 191 motor vehicle stops over the nine-day period, the association said.
In addition, Norwalk police investigated 86 accidents, one of which was fatal, according the group's statement.
Statewide during that holiday period, four fatal accidents were reported, 121 DUI arrests were made, 1,490 accidents were reported and 6,109 routine stops were made, according to the statement.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk