NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk police are investigating a shooting on St. John Street on Friday night, Aug. 15, that sent one person to the hospital.
Police received reports around 6:30 p.m., of multiple shots fired on St. John Street in East Norwalk. A 22-year-old man was shot in the back and taken to Norwalk Hospital, where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
Police responded to the area and secured the crime scene. Two people were arrested at the scene by officers after police said they interfered with the investigation. Both were charged with interfering with an officer, and one was additionally charged with assault on a peace officer and second-degree breach of peace.
The incident was the second shooting in Norwalk within in a week. On Wednesday, Aug. 13, an unknown male fired shots at a group of men in South Norwalk in the middle of the day. That incident is still under investigation.
Detective Mark Edwards is the lead investigator on the case. Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call Edwards at 203-854-3185 or the Norwalk police tip line at 203-854-3111. Anonymous tips can also be submitted through the Norwalk police website, or through text message by typing NPD into the text field, followed by the message and sending it to CRIMES (274637).
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 Police: Two Arrested After Shots Fired In Norwalk
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI