NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department will be offering gift cards for firearms during a gun buyback this month.
The buyback will be held Saturday, June 14 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the community room of the Norwalk Police Department, 1 Monroe St.
During the program, the police department will accept operational rifles, shotguns, handguns and assault rifles, as well as nonoperational weapons. Police will also be accepting ammunition, carrying cases, holsters, BB and pellet guns and other dangers weapons such as swords and knives.
All firearms must be unloaded, and should be transported in the vehicle's trunk. If they are not brought in a vehicle, they must be carried in unloaded in a box or bag. Ammunition should be in a container separate from any firearm. Firearms considered to be junk will not be accepted. Individuals with operational firearms will receive a gift card.
The buyback is open to both residents and non-residents of Norwalk. Businesses and dealers do not qualify. For more information, contact Sergeant Terry Blake at 203-854-3197.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Norwalk Basketball Community Stunned By Coach's Sudden Death
- 4 Norwalk Woman Arrested After Westport Drug Raid
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk