NORWALK, Conn. - Norwalk police will have a sobriety checkpoint Friday night on West Avenue. The checkpoint will begin at 7 p.m. and run through the night.
The checkpoint is part of the national "Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest" crackdown that launched in November. Since the crackdown was initiated, Norwalk police have made 20 impaired driving arrests and issued more than 200 infractions.
"It's clear that too many people still don't understand that impaired driving is no accident, nor is it a victimless crime," Norwalk police said in a statement. "So our message to motorists is simple and unwavering: if you get caught driving while impaired, you will be arrested. No exceptions."
- 1 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk High Administrator Moves To Lead Stamford High After Scandal
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch In Effect For Norwalk