NORWALK, Conn. - Norwalk police will have a sobriety checkpoint Friday night on West Avenue. The checkpoint will begin at 7 p.m. and run through the night.
The checkpoint is part of the national "Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest" crackdown that launched in November. Since the crackdown was initiated, Norwalk police have made 20 impaired driving arrests and issued more than 200 infractions.
"It's clear that too many people still don't understand that impaired driving is no accident, nor is it a victimless crime," Norwalk police said in a statement. "So our message to motorists is simple and unwavering: if you get caught driving while impaired, you will be arrested. No exceptions."
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store