NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department welcomed four new officers to its force after Mayor Harry Rilling and Commissioner Charlie Yost administered the oath of office to them at City Hall.
The group will now receive 27 weeks of basic recruit training before returning to the department to continue their field training.
With the hiring of these four officers, the department is now fully staffed at the authorized and funded strength of 178.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk