NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department welcomed four new officers to its force after Mayor Harry Rilling and Commissioner Charlie Yost administered the oath of office to them at City Hall.
The group will now receive 27 weeks of basic recruit training before returning to the department to continue their field training.
With the hiring of these four officers, the department is now fully staffed at the authorized and funded strength of 178.
- 1 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Norwalk For Saturday