NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department welcomed four new officers to its force after Mayor Harry Rilling and Commissioner Charlie Yost administered the oath of office to them at City Hall.
The group will now receive 27 weeks of basic recruit training before returning to the department to continue their field training.
With the hiring of these four officers, the department is now fully staffed at the authorized and funded strength of 178.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Mom's New Candle-Making Business Tops Norwalk Week’s News