NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department has announced the promotion of Detective Kevin Markert to the rank of sergeant last week.
Markert is now assigned as a shift supervisor on the first platoon, which covers the 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. shift.
Markert was joined by his wife and Mayor Harry Rilling at the official swearing-in ceremony.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 3 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive