NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk police will be conducting a DUI checkpoint Friday night.
The checkpoint will be located along the West Avenue corridor and last from 7 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday, police said.
There will also be additional officers roaming the city on the lookout for drunk drivers. The checkpoint is 75 percent funded by a grant from the Connecticut Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office.
The extra patrols are part of the Labor Day weekend enforcement.
- 1 Six Busted On Prostitution Charges In Sting In Norwalk
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Norwalk For Saturday