NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk police will be conducting a DUI checkpoint Friday night.
The checkpoint will be located along the West Avenue corridor and last from 7 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday, police said.
There will also be additional officers roaming the city on the lookout for drunk drivers. The checkpoint is 75 percent funded by a grant from the Connecticut Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office.
The extra patrols are part of the Labor Day weekend enforcement.
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Raid That Left Norwalk Man Dead
- 3 Jake Ryan Noble, 21, Of Norwalk
- 4 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl