NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk police will be conducting a DUI checkpoint Friday night.
The checkpoint will be located along the West Avenue corridor and last from 7 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday, police said.
There will also be additional officers roaming the city on the lookout for drunk drivers. The checkpoint is 75 percent funded by a grant from the Connecticut Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office.
The extra patrols are part of the Labor Day weekend enforcement.
- 1 Dr. Eugene M. Lipira, 65, Member, Soundview Medical Associates In Norwalk
- 2 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 3 Norwalk Mom's Future Burns Bright With Candle-Making Business
- 4 Norwalk Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 5 Wilton Police Arrest 15-Year-Old In Swastika Incident At High School