NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk police will be conducting a DUI checkpoint Friday night.
The checkpoint will be located along the West Avenue corridor and last from 7 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday, police said.
There will also be additional officers roaming the city on the lookout for drunk drivers. The checkpoint is 75 percent funded by a grant from the Connecticut Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office.
The extra patrols are part of the Labor Day weekend enforcement.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard