NORWALK, Conn. -- Norwalk police will be conducting a DUI checkpoint Friday night.
The checkpoint will be located along the West Avenue corridor and last from 7 p.m. Friday to 3 a.m. Saturday, police said.
There will also be additional officers roaming the city on the lookout for drunk drivers. The checkpoint is 75 percent funded by a grant from the Connecticut Department of Transportation Highway Safety Office.
The extra patrols are part of the Labor Day weekend enforcement.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say