NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department has released its statistics from the Memorial Day drunken driving and traffic enforcement detail conducted from Thursday, May 22, to Monday, May 26.
Officers made six arrests for driving under the influence during the time period.
In total, Norwalk police issued summons for 71 infractions, including:
- 19 for operating without a license or license suspended
- 12 for operating unregistered vehicle or failure to renew
- 4 for illegally tinted windows
- 4 for failure to wear a seatbelt
- 32 for various traffic infractions
The total number of motor vehicle accidents without injuries was 20. There were three motor vehicle accidents with injuries.
The Norwalk Police Department will continue this type of enforcement throughout the summer with additional patrols and checkpoints concentrating on enforcing the laws against driving under the influence.
- 1 Survey Reveals What Cars Get Most Traffic Tickets
- 2 Police: Norwalk Teen Posted Harassing Photos Of Teacher On App
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station