NORWALK, Conn. -- The Norwalk Police Department has released its statistics from the Memorial Day drunken driving and traffic enforcement detail conducted from Thursday, May 22, to Monday, May 26.
Officers made six arrests for driving under the influence during the time period.
In total, Norwalk police issued summons for 71 infractions, including:
- 19 for operating without a license or license suspended
- 12 for operating unregistered vehicle or failure to renew
- 4 for illegally tinted windows
- 4 for failure to wear a seatbelt
- 32 for various traffic infractions
The total number of motor vehicle accidents without injuries was 20. There were three motor vehicle accidents with injuries.
The Norwalk Police Department will continue this type of enforcement throughout the summer with additional patrols and checkpoints concentrating on enforcing the laws against driving under the influence.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Norwalk Police Identify Pedestrian Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk