NORWALK, Conn. – A motor vehicle stop on West Avenue near Reed Street in Norwalk Wednesday resulted in police arresting the 21-year-old driver on marijuana possession charges.
Joshua Eason, of 215 Salem St., Bridgeport, was pulled over by police for allegedly driving through a red light at about 5:40 p.m. In addition to failing to obey the traffic light, Eason’s car also was missing a front license plate and the windows of the car were tinted too dark, police said.
After approaching the car, officers allegedly smelled marijuana, and upon searching Eason they found 12 small plastic bags of pot in one of his jacket pockets, police said. Combined, the pot totaled less than 4 ounces, police said.
Eason was charged with illegal manufacture, distribution and sale of a prescription drug, possession of a controlled substance, operating a car with a suspended license, failure to obey a control signal and illegal tinted windows, all misdemeanors. He was held in lieu of a $5,000 bond and was scheduled to appear Thursday in Norwalk Superior Court.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 3 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 4 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 5 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters