NORWALK, Conn. -- Two Norwalk men were arrested on drug charges by the Special Services Division of the Norwalk Police Department after a raid at a Van Zant Street home, police said.
Ryan Charles, 22, and Ricardo Torres, 20, were each charged with possession of less than 4 ounces of marijuana, possession with intent to sell, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession within 1,500 feet of a school. Each was held on $5,000 bond and will appear in court June 10.
Police raided Charles's home Wednesday after a months-long investigation into the sale of marijuana from the residence, according to police reports.
The home was considered a mid-level operation, police said.
Upon entering the home, officers found Charles in possession of 20 grams of marijuana, as well as packaging materials, scales and the materials required to facilitate a drug sales operation, police said. They also found Torres in possession of 22 grams of marijuana and packaging material, police said. The home is within 1,500 feet of a day-care facility.
Both men were taken into custody and arrested.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued