NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was charged with larceny and drug possession after police said he tried to steal computers from Walmart on Wednesday.
Shane Dickhart, 23, was charged with fourth-degree larceny and possession of narcotics. Bond was set at $5,000 and he will appear in court April 28.
Officers responded to the Walmart on Main Avenue at 4 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a man trying to steal laptops, police said. According to police, Dickhart had run out the door with two laptops concealed in a bag before being stopped. The laptops had a total value of $1,048, police said.
When officers searched Dickhart, they also found a small white bag containing a substance that tested positive for heroin, according to police reports. Dickhart was subsequently arrested and brought to headquarters.
- 1 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Declares Snow Emergency, Urges Residents To Stay Off Roads