NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was charged with larceny and drug possession after police said he tried to steal computers from Walmart on Wednesday.
Shane Dickhart, 23, was charged with fourth-degree larceny and possession of narcotics. Bond was set at $5,000 and he will appear in court April 28.
Officers responded to the Walmart on Main Avenue at 4 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a man trying to steal laptops, police said. According to police, Dickhart had run out the door with two laptops concealed in a bag before being stopped. The laptops had a total value of $1,048, police said.
When officers searched Dickhart, they also found a small white bag containing a substance that tested positive for heroin, according to police reports. Dickhart was subsequently arrested and brought to headquarters.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street