NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was charged with larceny and drug possession after police said he tried to steal computers from Walmart on Wednesday.
Shane Dickhart, 23, was charged with fourth-degree larceny and possession of narcotics. Bond was set at $5,000 and he will appear in court April 28.
Officers responded to the Walmart on Main Avenue at 4 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a man trying to steal laptops, police said. According to police, Dickhart had run out the door with two laptops concealed in a bag before being stopped. The laptops had a total value of $1,048, police said.
When officers searched Dickhart, they also found a small white bag containing a substance that tested positive for heroin, according to police reports. Dickhart was subsequently arrested and brought to headquarters.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk