NORWALK, Conn. – A 27-year-old Norwalk man was arrested Friday morning in connection with the September theft of a safe from a local home that contained $75,000 worth of unnamed items inside.
Joseph McIntyre was arrested on a warrant at his home on Vail Street about 6:30 a.m. and was charged with first degree larceny, a felony, and possession of narcotics, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, all misdemeanors.
Police did not disclose details of the theft, or how McIntyre became a suspect, but detectives recovered items from McIntyre’s home that are believed to be from burglaries and larcenies that have occurred in Norwalk and other towns.
At the time of the arrest, authorities also found heroin, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in McIntyre’s home. He was held on a $150,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Friday.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 1984 Tragedy Near Norwalk Recalls Power Of Long Island Sound
- 4 Darien Police Charge Norwalk Man With DWI Outside Pumpkin Carnival
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street