NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested Tuesday after police said he sexually abused a 10-year-old child.
Mario Morales-Garcia, 37, was charged with first-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor. He was held on $100,000 bond and went to court Wednesday.
Police received a report of the sexual abuse on July 26 after the 10-year-old disclosed the pattern of sexual abuse to a family member, according to police. Detective Tim Marquis of the Special Victims Unit led the investigation.
Following the investigation, a warrant was issued for Morales-Garcia's arrest on Tuesday.
Police took Morales-Garcia into custody at around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at a location on Chestnut Street.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Norwalk Police Identify Pedestrian Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk