NORWALK, Conn. -- A 57-year-old Norwalk man was charged with threatening a mother and her children with a BB gun on Saturday, according to police.
Miguel Gonzalez was charged with risk of injuring to a minor, weapons in a motor vehicle, carrying a facsimile firearm, and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked license. He was held on $15,000 bond and will appear in court Sept. 3.
At about 5 p.m. Saturday a woman reported that she was in the parking lot of an apartment building on Butler Street with her children when Gonzalez pulled into the lot and almost hit her children with his car, police said.
She began arguing with him, police said, at which point he pulled out a black handgun, cocked it, and pointed it at her and the children.
He then said something that they couldn't understand and went inside the building, police said. The woman went inside their apartment with her frightened children and contacted police.
When officers arrived, Gonzalez had left the building, but returned while the officers were in the parking lot speaking with the victim, police said.
He was placed in handcuffs, police said. Inside his car officers found a BB gun that looked like a real gun, as well as a glass jar filled with BBs, according to police reports.
Officers also found empty beer cans inside the car, police said. He was taken into custody.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend