NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested Sunday after police said he left his infant daughter alone in a car.
Brian Healy, 37, was charged with risk of injury to a minor. He will appear in court Sept. 2.
Police received a call at 5:45 p.m. Sunday from a woman who said a child had been left alone in a vehicle in the parking lot of the Walmart on Main Avenue. When officers arrived, they spoke with the woman, who pointed out the car, police said. She told officers that she had waited 10 minutes for someone to arrive before calling police.
Officers checked out the vehicle and saw a young girl, less than a year old, asleep in the back seat, according to police reports. The engine was off and the windows were closed, police said. Officers opened up the car and found that the girl was sleeping and healthy, police said.
Healy then arrived at the car and met with officers, police said. He told officers that he had forgotten that he had left his daughter in the back of the car, police said.
He was arrested, and police contacted the girl's mother, who arrived and took custody of her, police said.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 3 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 4 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 5 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive