NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man was accused of punching a 12-year-old boy Saturday, according to police reports.
The suspect invited the boy and his mother, the suspect’s girlfriend, to a party at his Center Avenue home Saturday afternoon, police said. The boy and the suspect argued verbally throughout the day, until the boy threw a foam football at the suspect, according to the police report.
Joseph Ortega, 28, of Center Avenue then shoved the boy to the ground and began punching him, police say. He also shoved the mother when she tried to pull Ortega off the boy, according to the police report.
No one at the scene requested medical attention, police said. Ortega was arrested and charged with third-degree assault, risk of injury to a minor and a breach of the peace Saturday. He was released after posting a $5,000 bond, and is due in court on Aug. 20.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport