NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man was accused of punching a 12-year-old boy Saturday, according to police reports.
The suspect invited the boy and his mother, the suspect’s girlfriend, to a party at his Center Avenue home Saturday afternoon, police said. The boy and the suspect argued verbally throughout the day, until the boy threw a foam football at the suspect, according to the police report.
Joseph Ortega, 28, of Center Avenue then shoved the boy to the ground and began punching him, police say. He also shoved the mother when she tried to pull Ortega off the boy, according to the police report.
No one at the scene requested medical attention, police said. Ortega was arrested and charged with third-degree assault, risk of injury to a minor and a breach of the peace Saturday. He was released after posting a $5,000 bond, and is due in court on Aug. 20.
- 1 Norwalk Police Say Man Fired Shots At Large Brawl In Cranbury Park
- 2 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 3 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 4 'Shark Tank' Star Mark Cuban Anchors Yacht Off Stamford Harbor
- 5 Feds Raid 'Subway Guy' Jared Fogle's Home In Child Porn Investigation