NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man was accused of punching a 12-year-old boy Saturday, according to police reports.
The suspect invited the boy and his mother, the suspect’s girlfriend, to a party at his Center Avenue home Saturday afternoon, police said. The boy and the suspect argued verbally throughout the day, until the boy threw a foam football at the suspect, according to the police report.
Joseph Ortega, 28, of Center Avenue then shoved the boy to the ground and began punching him, police say. He also shoved the mother when she tried to pull Ortega off the boy, according to the police report.
No one at the scene requested medical attention, police said. Ortega was arrested and charged with third-degree assault, risk of injury to a minor and a breach of the peace Saturday. He was released after posting a $5,000 bond, and is due in court on Aug. 20.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Rilling Quietly Gets Married