NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested late Thursday night after police said he hit a pedestrian while driving drunk on the Stroffolino Bridge near SoNo.
Fred Vera, 23, was charged with driving under the influence and evading responsibility.
Police received a report of a man struck by a car on the Stroffolino Bridge shortly before 11 p.m. When officers arrived, a 38-year-old Norwalk man was lying in the roadway. Police said he suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that the man had been hit by a car that had then fled toward Washington Street, according to police.
Officers were able to locate the vehicle in the area of Washington Street and North Main Street. The driver, Vera, had an odor of alcohol emanating from him and there was vodka in his car, police said.
Vera failed his field sobriety test and was taken into custody, police said.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport