NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested late Thursday night after police said he hit a pedestrian while driving drunk on the Stroffolino Bridge near SoNo.
Fred Vera, 23, was charged with driving under the influence and evading responsibility.
Police received a report of a man struck by a car on the Stroffolino Bridge shortly before 11 p.m. When officers arrived, a 38-year-old Norwalk man was lying in the roadway. Police said he suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that the man had been hit by a car that had then fled toward Washington Street, according to police.
Officers were able to locate the vehicle in the area of Washington Street and North Main Street. The driver, Vera, had an odor of alcohol emanating from him and there was vodka in his car, police said.
Vera failed his field sobriety test and was taken into custody, police said.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Norwalk Man Arrested Again, Charged With DUI In May Crash
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk