NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested late Thursday night after police said he hit a pedestrian while driving drunk on the Stroffolino Bridge near SoNo.
Fred Vera, 23, was charged with driving under the influence and evading responsibility.
Police received a report of a man struck by a car on the Stroffolino Bridge shortly before 11 p.m. When officers arrived, a 38-year-old Norwalk man was lying in the roadway. Police said he suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment.
Witnesses told officers at the scene that the man had been hit by a car that had then fled toward Washington Street, according to police.
Officers were able to locate the vehicle in the area of Washington Street and North Main Street. The driver, Vera, had an odor of alcohol emanating from him and there was vodka in his car, police said.
Vera failed his field sobriety test and was taken into custody, police said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Norwalk Firefighters Battle Blaze At Home In Westport's Saugatuck Shores
- 3 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 4 Liquor Stores In Connecticut Can Now Stay Open Later
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place