WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 56-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after officers pulled over his car late Saturday because his headlights were not on, police said.
When officers approached the car, they detected an odor of alcohol emanating from the driver, John Konya, police said. Konya was administered and failed roadside sobriety test, police said.
He was arrested at the scene and charged with driving under the influence. Kona was given a court date of April 23 and released on a $500 bond. Kona was additionally issued a written warning for no headlight .
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store