WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 56-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after officers pulled over his car late Saturday because his headlights were not on, police said.
When officers approached the car, they detected an odor of alcohol emanating from the driver, John Konya, police said. Konya was administered and failed roadside sobriety test, police said.
He was arrested at the scene and charged with driving under the influence. Kona was given a court date of April 23 and released on a $500 bond. Kona was additionally issued a written warning for no headlight .
- 1 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 2 Retired Norwalk Hospital Cardiology Chief Explains Dangers Of AF
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Southbound In Norwalk