WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 56-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after officers pulled over his car late Saturday because his headlights were not on, police said.
When officers approached the car, they detected an odor of alcohol emanating from the driver, John Konya, police said. Konya was administered and failed roadside sobriety test, police said.
He was arrested at the scene and charged with driving under the influence. Kona was given a court date of April 23 and released on a $500 bond. Kona was additionally issued a written warning for no headlight .
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Norwalk Police Identify Pedestrian Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk