WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 56-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after officers pulled over his car late Saturday because his headlights were not on, police said.
When officers approached the car, they detected an odor of alcohol emanating from the driver, John Konya, police said. Konya was administered and failed roadside sobriety test, police said.
He was arrested at the scene and charged with driving under the influence. Kona was given a court date of April 23 and released on a $500 bond. Kona was additionally issued a written warning for no headlight .
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Survey Reveals What Cars Get Most Traffic Tickets
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues