WESTPORT, Conn. -- A 56-year-old Norwalk man was charged with drunken driving in Westport after officers pulled over his car late Saturday because his headlights were not on, police said.
When officers approached the car, they detected an odor of alcohol emanating from the driver, John Konya, police said. Konya was administered and failed roadside sobriety test, police said.
He was arrested at the scene and charged with driving under the influence. Kona was given a court date of April 23 and released on a $500 bond. Kona was additionally issued a written warning for no headlight .
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk