NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man was arrested Monday on charges of physically abusing his young son after a complaint from the boy's mother, police said.
The child’s mother, who does not live with the suspect, contacted authorities after seeing bruises on the boy Saturday, according to police reports. Investigators found that the child’s injuries were consistent with being struck with a household object, police said.
Police did not release the age of the victim or the specific nature of the abuse, due to the sensitive nature of the case.
The father, Rudy Soto, 27, of Taylor Avenue, said the injuries were accidental, but officers believe they were intentional, police said. Soto was arrested on a warrant Monday afternoon.
Soto was charged with second-degree assault and risk of injury to a minor. He was released after posting $5,000 bond, and was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk