NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man was charged with assault and robbery after fighting a woman and stealing her cellphone on the street early Sunday, according to police reports.
The woman told police that Juan Diaz-Rodriguez, 41, of Lexington Avenue, confronted her while she walked on Chestnut Street at about 2 a.m. Sunday. Diaz-Rodriguez, whom the victim knew, began arguing with the woman and slapped her with an open hand, according to the police report.
Diaz-Rodriguez then grabbed the woman’s phone from her hand when she tried to call 911, the police report said. He slapped the woman again before leaving with the phone, according to the police report. The woman then went home and called police, who found swelling and redness on her face, police said.
Norwalk officers investigated and filed for a warrant for Diaz-Rodriguez’s arrest, police said. He turned himself in on Tuesday morning after learning of the warrant, police said.
He was charged with third-degree robbery, third-degree assault, fifth-degree larceny and interfering with a 911 call. He was held on $10,000 bond and taken to court Tuesday.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Norwalk Man Arrested Again, Charged With DUI In May Crash