NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested Saturday after his 12-year-old son crashed a car into their neighbor's house, according to police.
Giuseppe Manugas, 45, was charged with risk of injury to a minor and allowing a person under 16 to operate a motor vehicle. He will appear in court Aug. 1.
The incident occurred shortly after 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Police said Manugas let his 12-year-old son back their car out of their driveway on College Street.
The boy was supposed to back out and pull forward, but police said he pushed the gas pedal and lost control of the car. The car backed across the street and hit a neighbor's house, according to police reports.
Nobody was injured in the incident, and the house sustained minor damage, police said.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 3 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Malloy Bans Travel Across Connecticut As Of 9 P.M. Due To Blizzard