NORWALK, Conn. -- A Norwalk man was arrested Saturday after his 12-year-old son crashed a car into their neighbor's house, according to police.
Giuseppe Manugas, 45, was charged with risk of injury to a minor and allowing a person under 16 to operate a motor vehicle. He will appear in court Aug. 1.
The incident occurred shortly after 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Police said Manugas let his 12-year-old son back their car out of their driveway on College Street.
The boy was supposed to back out and pull forward, but police said he pushed the gas pedal and lost control of the car. The car backed across the street and hit a neighbor's house, according to police reports.
Nobody was injured in the incident, and the house sustained minor damage, police said.
- 1 Norwalk Man Dies After Car Crash In Danbury
- 2 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Driver Charged With Killing Pedestrian In Hit-And-Run Crash In Norwalk
- 5 Fairfield Police Charge Norwalk Man With Trashing His Kids' Home