NORWALK, Conn. – A 32-year-old Norwalk man was charged Sunday with trying to run over his ex-girlfriend’s brother, according to the police report.
Richard Saymon, of Lafayette Street, was driving on Fairfield Avenue at about 4 p.m. when he saw his ex-girlfriend’s brother walking a dog on the street, police said. He allegedly stopped his car, got out and punched the man in the face, then got back in the car and tried to run him over, according to the police report.
The man did not require medical attention.
Saymon was charged with misdemeanor first-degree reckless endangerment, evading responsibility and third-degree assault. He was released after posting a $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in Norwalk Superior Court on Feb. 14.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Fighting Officer During Drug Arrest
- 2 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 3 Police: Norwalk Man Smashed Hospital Door While Drunk
- 4 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Cars
- 5 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island