NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man was arrested Wednesday in connection with the sexual assault of a 9-year-old child last month, according to police reports.
Police received a report on Dec. 31 that a 9-year-old child had been brought to Norwalk Hospital and treated for injuries relating to a sexual assault. Police did not release the specifics of the incident because of the sensitive nature of the case.
Norwalk’s Special Victims Unit identified Carlos Arias-Gutierrez, 59, of Lexington Avenue as the suspect in the case. Gutierrez was arrested outside his home Wednesday afternoon.
Gutierrez was charged with first-degree sexual assault and two counts of risk of injury to a minor. He is being held on $250,000 bond, and is due in court on Jan. 21.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 3 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Norwalk Fire, Police And Public Works Host Open House And Touch-A-Truck