NORWALK, Conn. – A Norwalk man was arrested Wednesday in connection with the sexual assault of a 9-year-old child last month, according to police reports.
Police received a report on Dec. 31 that a 9-year-old child had been brought to Norwalk Hospital and treated for injuries relating to a sexual assault. Police did not release the specifics of the incident because of the sensitive nature of the case.
Norwalk’s Special Victims Unit identified Carlos Arias-Gutierrez, 59, of Lexington Avenue as the suspect in the case. Gutierrez was arrested outside his home Wednesday afternoon.
Gutierrez was charged with first-degree sexual assault and two counts of risk of injury to a minor. He is being held on $250,000 bond, and is due in court on Jan. 21.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport