NORWALK, Conn. - From May 19 through June 1, the Norwalk Police Department participated in the National Click It or Ticket enforcement campaign.
The general breakdown for motor vehicle violations was as follows:
• 212 total violations were cited.
• 172 infractions for failure to wear or properly wear a seat belt.
• 4 of those were for transporting a child under 7 years old without a child restraint system.
• 40 additional infractions were issued for a variety of violations,
• 16 for illegally tinted windows
• 10 for operating an unregistered vehicle
• 5 for cell phone use
• 5 for operating without a license.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.